Ok so some of you probably groaned at that one. And that is completely OK; I'll let you slide on that one. ;) One thing I realized and started thinking lately (on mondays) is Monday doesn't have to be a bad day just because its the start of a new week. You don't want to be that grumpy person who hates Mondays. It is what you make it and you can make Monday something great if you want to. :)
We had a pretty uneventful weekend, except for Saturday's softball tournament that the hubby played in. Sorry no pictures :( Lately he has had these God-awful shifts (since last Thursday) so both of our schedules are kinda thrown off. He has to work 9 pm to 9 am, until this Saturday-- Yuck! But on the bright side, I got meal prep done, some laundry folded and washed, and other normal weekend things like grocery shopping.
I also know for a fact, that my glutes/leg day on Saturday night, after the hubby left, was ON POINT. LOL. You know why? Because I am hurting worse than ever today. I knew it when I was walking around yesterday that it may be bad. You know that feeling- the DOMS- that just hints at you the day after..."He he he, I'm coming for you tomorrow...You know what? You won't be able to walk! HA HA!" Or something like that ;) But more like I feel something like this:
There's a good laugh for monday! :)
But seriously it was great, so I wanted to share it with you! I mostly focused on glutes, but you can't train those without legs too. Hit em hard and heavy!
Here's the routine:
- Plate Loaded Leg Press (feet together)
- 1 warm-up set x 12
- 3 sets x 12
- Smith- Single Leg Step-up (on bench)
- Warning: These are definitely not for the faint at heart!* ;) And a Big 'ole THANK YOU to Taylored Fitness for the idea
- 3 sets x 10-12 each leg
- use a moderately heavy weight to get all reps
- Barbell Squat (feet together/narrow stance)
- 3 sets x 12
- Selectorized Glute Kick-back
- 3 sets x 12
- Selectorized Abduction - 7 sets total
- 2 ways
- Sitting up (see video) x 15
- SS (immediately do the next set)
- sitting down x 10
- Final set - BURN oUt! (drop weight and go until failure)
- Cable leg extension (leg stiff during these and Don't hunch forward- Back straight!)
- 1 set diagonal extension (45 degree angle leg raise)
- 1 set straight back leg raise
- repeat 2xs
Smith - Single Leg Step-up on bench
Narrow Stance Barbell Squat (w/ a selfie duh!)
Selectorized Abduction Superset
Cable leg extensions (diagonal demonstrated)
So there you go!
As soon as I slow down here at work (hopefully I'll have a break in the workload soon), I want to finish the (seriously) 5 posts that are pending. Oops, hey I have a lot of ideas :) . So more recipes and workouts to come! In the meantime have an awesome week!!