Wednesday, March 19, 2014

I can eat chocolate...e'ery day!

I hope you guys are having a fantastic HUMP DAY!!!! We are half way to the weekend! Whoop-whoop!

Happier than a camel on HUMP day ;)

I don't know what has happened to me over the past few years. Never in my life have I loved sweets as much as I do now. It's like my taste buds just up and decided the loved that stuff too. Anyone else ever have this problem? All my life, and even to this day, I have loved salty or sour snacks and candies, and dark chocolate the most. But I never had a love for sweets or regular chocolate; things like cakes and cupcakes I still don't care as much for. I know crazy me. Maybe my husband, Scotty, and his love for chocolate is to blame for this conundrum ;) or maybe your taste buds change with age. Who knows? But I know one thing...I sure as heck can't keep it in the house on the regular!

So I came up with this one breakfast recipe that I just can't get tired of. Chocolate PB2 Overnight oats. I swear I eat them every single morning before or on the way to work. And this is coming from a girl who never liked oatmeal until a little under a year ago. I know lots of people do and grew up eating it, but I was one of those that was convinced that I hated it. Seriously. 

I WISH I could take all the credit for this concoction, but I can't. I have to have to give credit where credit is due, and Little B definitely deserves credit for my love of overnight oats, especially the way I am about to tell you to make them. Ever since I found this recipe, I have loved the idea because they are super easy to make the night before and I can get my carbs and protein all in one whack for the next morning. And for this busy bee, mornings are definitely not a time to play around...even though I would kill to have time to cook breakfast every morning, it just isn't a reality when you work an hour away.


Anyways, here is really what you want to hear about: the recipe.


Ingredients 
  • 1/2 cup Old Fashioned Quick Oats or Rolled Oats will do
  • 2 Tbsp Chocolate PB2
  • 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
  • 2-3 packets truvia, or  other sweetener (1 packet = 2 tsp sugar)
  • 1 cup liquid egg whites
(Keep in mind, that this recipe can be adjusted to fit anyone's macro needs too)
  • Mix everything together in a bowl or cup works too, cover with foil, and refrigerate over night.
When you get up the next morning, wah-lah! Breakfast is done. You can definitely eat them cold, like I LOVE to do in the summer when it is hot out (apple cinnamon is great this way - check out the "overnight oats" link above, or I will post the recipe soon :) ). Or if you want them warmed, you can microwave them for about 35-45 seconds like I have been doing all winter. I will say though, any longer and you may have cooked oatmeal. I personally like to eat mine with a bit more liquid consistency, so you may want to adjust the recipe if you prefer otherwise.

Annnd...if you really want to prep for the week, I came up with an awesome idea the other night. I know I hate anything that takes too long so why not make life easy right? Not that this recipe takes too long, but I am impatient. Let's be honest. So I decided to mix all of the dry ingredients together and put in plastic baggies and throw that in the pantry for the week. And let me tell you, life has been easier knowing its already almost ready to go the night before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment