Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Change your mindset + the HUMP DAY Blog Hop!

Today has already been a great day after some thinking and attitude adjusting anyways --it can only get better now because I said so. :)  Annnnd It's HUMP Day! That means the work week is half way over- YES! For me I say Yes! because work has not been something on the list of things that make me happy lately, if ya know what I mean. Every day seriously has been hit or miss starting when I get to work...And I would love to just say, 'f-it' and play on my blog all day or be a trainer all day e'ery day and learn more about fitness and junk or study social psychology theories and come up with new research topics (no, seriously I would); but that won't exactly pay my bills right now, ya feel?

Today was starting to be just another "one of those days", you know those days where it starts off kinda 'iffy' and honestly you could just have a bad day right from the get go? Maybe nothing went wrong, but you have a negative Nancy in your head, or little devil sitting on your shoulder saying, "you know it may just be easier to complain today- you don't have to be positive!" PSH! Yeah, but I toyed with that idea in my head while looking through my instagram feed in my carpool this morning. Oddly enough, this happened while I was looking for my daily motivation. 

When things in life stress you out, it can be harder to find your get up and go, especially if you are a former worrier like I used to be; I've gotten better that's for sure, but it has taken a while to even get to that point. I have learned over the past few years especially (since we moved to Kansas) that you can't control things or people around you no matter how hard you try. And sometimes it is better just to force the "happy" or take a deep breath and just move on. If you force it, then it will come in no time, because it takes more energy to be negative all the time than it does to be positive; and if you do take a deep breath and keep going (like a friend told me Monday) stop and ask yourself,  "a year from now, is this still going to affect me?" A lot of times it's no. Don't sweat the small stuff. People can be jerks, things sometimes don't go as planned, but in the end it's not going to be your undoing." That thought really has resonated with me because there are a few things that I cannot control that are affecting me daily, and other things that are completely out of my hands at this point. All you can do is have a little faith, stay positive, and just keep on living. Life will come around :) The do say, "if you change your mind, you can change your life."



I really have a twinge that tells me to say "sorry" for the long opener...but this is my space, and sometimes people need to hear what really comes from deep down. I am a real person just like everyone else, and yes I have bad days too and things that don't go as planned. But the more time that goes on, the more I keep telling myself to stay positive and try to see the positive in every situation. Life has been much better outside of the things that I cannot control. 


Try it today. I challenge you: Every time you have a negative thought; It can be from anything...I want you to stop and remember that you cannot control things or people around you. You can control how you react to those things or people. 
I want you to think positive. Give yourself one positive thought in that situation and change your mindset. 

Here are a some examples:
"I will have a better day"
"I can make the best of this"
"It could be worse"
"This won't last forever"
"It's OK not to be perfect"
"Even a dead clock is right twice a day"
"I'll do better next time"
"Everything will be OK"
"I cannot control _____"
"I control my happiness"
"What she/he thinks of me is none of my business"
"I am beautiful, smart, and successful"
"I will figure this out"
"It is alright not to know the answer"


And if all else fails,
this so reminds me of the Big Bang theory <3

The Hump Day Blog Hop

Because it's HUMP Day, it also means it's time for the HuMp Day Blog HOP with Liz over at Fitness Blondie :) I have already found a few new blogs to follow-- you should go check it out and find new ones too! Especially the co-host for this week, Kathy from Vodka and Soda. One day I will figure out how to find all of those cool GIFs to entertain you all with ;) Go check em out! If you do decide to join along with other fellow bloggers, make sure to click her link and go add your to her page :) Mingle, mingle!!


Before you go, Here is a little humor for your day to go along with that awesome positivity ;)


Excuse the language :) 
Now that's making the best of a bad day ;)
Best gift ever...

 And you can always...

 Anyone remember this?

 LOL (today is leg day)

And I just died....

 You know you laughed

Jazz hands!...
 Are ALWAYS funny

But please, try not to scare people ;)


And remember...

And as always Have a great day friends!


3 comments:

  1. ahahahahah that leg day image!! that's exactly how i feel; leg day was yesterday and i can hardly walk.

    thanks for linking up!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Yeah I died laughing when I saw it the first time and it still makes me crack up. Yep I have leg day today...that'll be me in a few days haha! Glad to! I really enjoyed your post :) Will be happy to keep following! Have a good one!

      Delete
  2. OMG!!! I am such a fan of positivity. It REALLY can take some work and dedication because there is so much negativity e'rr where but the results is uh-maze-eeen!!

    Leg day makes it so I can't even pee without feeling like some smashed me with a sledgehammer on the back of my legs!

    ReplyDelete