Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Sometimes it's bad, but more times you celebrate!

Happy HUMP Day fit fam!! And anyone else who might be joining us today here in my little corner or the web :) I hope you all are having a fantastic day today so far!

Definitely going to continue the Hump Day Blog Hop, since it was so awesome last week and I already discovered a lot of great bloggers out there that I did not know about. This week's blog hop is brought to you by Liz at Fitness Blondie  and her co-host Stephanie from Life According to Steph. Both great blogs so head over and check them out too!


The Hump Day Blog Hop
So if you are a fellow blogger, and want to participate
simply add your link on Liz's page (link above) :)
So today is definitely different than normal days, and really this week in general...But I will spare you the no-so-happy details and just give you the big picture. Woke up this morning again to an even worse sore throat and the awful "crud" that seems to have invaded my head. Good new is, as much as I hate it, I am taking a much needed day of rest tonight (off of the gym- very sad I know!) and then tomorrow for some good R&R. Sometimes you just have to listen to your body and take the rest day when you really need it. 

Exactly...lol
If you follow my Facebook page, (if not you so totally should ;) ) then you saw my reinforcements for today: the always reliable Vitamin C and Echinacea. 



So yeah not so awesomeness going on there, but on the flip side, sort-of...It is good that I get to spend the day with my hubby tomorrow! But....then again, the not so awesome, "not" April Fool's Day joke part of this, that I got yesterday--He has to leave a week early for NTC, which happens tomorrow night at midnight. *insert really sad face here* So then it's me, myself, and me for 30+ days. BUT, wait! That just means I get more time to blog and share things with all of you wonderful people!!! Woo-hoo!!! See there is reason to celebrate ;)


A real reason for me to celebrate, and to celebrate a special person I know, is because of transformations! You should always celebrate your accomplishments and be proud of what you have overcome in the process; and because that's one of the awesome parts about transformations and sharing your journey with others.

Yesterday's Transformation Tuesday happened to be a very dear friend's birthday! So a very Happy Birthday to my friend Sandra Sanchez-Conley

I mainly want to celebrate Sandra, because yesterday was also a day of overcoming huge obstacles for her. It was the first day she has shared her transformation with everyone she knows, which takes a tremendous amount of courage from her. I am honored to be able to write about her and share her journey with you!
A year in the making :)

Sandra's Journey to Health


Sandra decided around a year ago that she wanted to and had to take her health back into her own hands. An important turning point in her life was trying on formal dresses for an event and feeling so limited on her choices. She decided right then and there that she wanted more choices. She only saw one way to get there and that was "to find the healthier Sandra I always pictured myself to be." 

During her journey, she has ventured out of her "box" doing things she never thought she would do and has overcome many fears along the way. One huge accomplishment for her was going into the weight room and using the weight machines, despite her worries and unfamiliarity that a lot of women also experience. She says, this weight loss journey has confirmed "that this is always how she pictured herself" and it has given her the confidence she was lacking in her own skin. 

Like many of us, Sandra has experienced many changes, some easy and some harder than others. The hardest part for her has been the nutrition changes. She says, "coming from  a Mexican family, we enjoy meals (which let's be honest) that are not the healthiest." She has learned to meal prep and make cleaner food choices. With the motivation of her family, friends, and fitness coaches, Sandra has overcome those doubts and stressful times. She has also risen to the challenge to push herself farther than she ever thought possible, in finding that healthier person within.

As a message anyone, in the present or future, pursuing their fitness dreams, she asks you, "How do you see yourself?" Reach out and find your best self within, strive for that, and know that nothing is impossible. She admits, that it isn't easy and that sometimes there will be doubts. But "you just have to have the determination and will power to find that person you always pictured yourself as."

Sandra has many big goals that she would like to reach throughout her journey, and she is positive that this is only the beginning


I am so happy for Sandra and so proud of how far she has come already. Like I said when I saw her before pictures, I could not believe it! I was in awe of her progress and her journey, and still am. She is truly a motivation to me and everyone around her; and I am so glad I have gotten to know her better. I cannot wait to see where she goes from here and what other goals she conquers in the process. 

Just a little more celebrating...


So we have a tiny bit more celebrating to do before I let you go :) For me, yesterday was a day very near and dear to my heart, as well. Not because of April Fool's Day (although it was funny to me a year ago), but because I started my journey to strong and healthy a whole year ago yesterday! I cannot believe it has been that long! Time flies when you focus on things that make you happy :) 

From skinny fat to STRONG
It has been a year in the making, going from no muscles and an embarrassing percentage of body fat, among other unhealthy things; but I am completely beside myself in how far I have come and what I have accomplished. Feel free to check out my journey if you would like! I would love to share it with you. Like Sandra and many of you, I saw myself how I did not want to be a year ago, and then envisioned the person I have always wanted to be- my best self. It is possible to change your life around, and if I can do it then so can you! 

Let's all take a moment to celebrate those around us, because everyone deserves to be celebrated for life's journeys. Who do you know that has transformed, or is in the process of a transformation? Or are you on your own journey? I would love to hear about it!

Have a great rest of the day!




No comments:

Post a Comment