Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Clean Chipotle's Cilantro Lime Rice

Hey guys! Happy HUMP Day! So I promised multiple awesome posts this week and darn it I'm delivering them to you!

So this is going to be a bit shorter than normal but still no less than great for my readers out there. I know right?! Haha...progress. Anyways, I just want to share a recipe with you all that I "health-ified" for meal prep a few weeks back. And it turned out AH-MAZING!

So here goes...ready for it? Well I kind-of already gave it away haha (see title) ;) Oh well. 

Of course mine didn't look near as good haha! And I forgot to snap a pic! Darn.

 Clean Chipotle's Cilantro Lime Rice!


 Ingredients:
  • 2 cups Brown rice (I used 2 cups dry rice, for the week for lunches)
  • 4 tsp MCT oil (only for tossing- so 2 tsp per cup) or olive oil would work too
  • 2 tbsp lime juice (1 tbsp per cup)
  • 1-2 tsp salt (I used a few grinds of salt in the water then a few in the mix)
  • 6 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro (I grabbed two small handfuls from the bunch and chopped it)

  • Optional:  3-4 cups water for boiling rice (I put 3 in my rice cooker and it comes out perfect)
  • 1 tsp oil and salt for rice cooking



Now I have a rice cooker, so rice for me is cake to make! You don't want to ask my hubby what happened when I tried rice on the stove haha. Nah it came out alright-- but it took forever! And I much rather just add the water and rice and let it cook for me. Duh! Who wouldn't? Anyways...If you don't have this handy dandy gadget, GO BUY ONE...NO DON'T just kidding! :)

  •  So cook your rice, however you wish
  • Chop up the cilantro. I like mine pretty "finely" chopped so I used my hand chopper (that sounds odd...you know the one you press?)
  • Then in a large mixing bowl, combine oil, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and rice and STIR STIR STIR! 
  • Enjoy!

I portioned mine out into 4 oz portions which yields:

204 Calories
40g Carbs
4 g Fat
5 g Protein

It sure does taste good, especially paired with Greek seasoned tilapia. Yum!

Here is the original for reference:
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/03/chipotle-cilantro-lime-rice-4-pts.html


If you try it out leave a comment below and let me know what you think! 


The Hump Day Blog Hop


Don't forget about the Hump Day blog hop today too! Go check out some of the awesome blogs happenin over at Fitness Blondie's page-- and this week's co-host Tricia @ "Tricia's (Mostly) Healthy Lifestyle"

2 comments:

  1. Rice cooker..... (in my best Homer Simpson voice).... I want, no neeeed one! LOL! I'm with you, I hate waiting for rice to cook. PS, Thanks for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I know! I love that thing more than....well, a lot of things! Haha! And it cooks food too! I havent tried that out yet though. Need too soon! They are pretty inexpensive too - this one is on amazon. I had the picture linked to it before and it broke :( sad day lol. You're very welcome!

      Delete