Friday, May 23, 2014

Shoulder Day! + Heavy Abs + HIIT Sprints

Hope you guys are having a fantastic day today! I will be as soon as that clock hits 5! Sometimes I really think it's sad that I count down hours in the day. Perks of working a state agency desk job I suppose! ;) So since today is shoulder day, I want to give you guys a shoulder routine that I did a few weeks ago. 

I posted this on Facebook but if you don't want to have to scroll through everything you can Pin the picture below to your Pinterest board for later! BUT just in case, this is also in a Notes document on my Facebook page too :) See I've got you guys covered!

So here you go! If you do it, leave a comment below and tell me what you think! 

Keep in mind that the calorie burn below is for my body specifically; but to keep your own calorie burn high, keep your heart rate up throughout the workout. Warm-up really good, only take minimal rests (I did 30 seconds between each set or super set) and lift as heavy as you can!

Shoulder Workout


3x12, drop sets on some exercises. 30 sec rests

Selectorized lateral raise
Barbell shoulder press (seated)
Selectorized fly SS Dumbbell front raise
Dumbbell upright row
Cable lateral raise (cross front)
Dumbbell scarecrow

Alternate exercise: Dumbbell Clean n press (no squat)

Abs- HEAVY cable crunches- 3 sets 10 each side (obliques) then 5 in the middle (25 total)


Then afterwards, hop on the treadmill and bust out some HIIT sprints (incline or regular; I did regular this day). 


Shoulders burned about 75% of i



Hope you guys have a fantastic Memorial Day weekend and look out for some more great posts coming your way soon! 

2 comments:

  1. I have a love-hate relationship with shoulder day. To make matters worse an old injury is inflamed & I have not lifted this whole week. PS what is: Selectorized fly SS Dumbbell front raise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realized I never replied to this- gotta get better at that! Aww really?? Eeeesh I see why! :( Hopefully you recovered well! Ah Selectorized fly machine (Reverse chest fly) superset (SS) front raises :) So, perform one set of flys then immediately move to the front raises for one set, then rest, and repeat.

      Delete