Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Weekend Recap: A little dancing and a lot of fun! And a lesson or two from yours truly!

Hey hey!! So like I promised I want to recap this weekend and tell you guys all about it! It was a lot of fun and still relaxing by the time Sunday rolled around. Did you guys have a good weekend? You'll have to post below and tell me about it!

I really like sharing things with everyone especially my weekends because that's where we have time to actually do things; plus it lets me reflect on how blessed I am by recapping all of the fun or just normal things we do. I find that the more I share with people, the better I get in touch with myself, and all of you guys! Do you guys want to see more weekend recaps? Comment below or send me a facebook message and let me know what you want to see!

So the weekend technically started for me Friday afternoon because I took a half day at work to leave early to get ready for the event we had Friday night, and to run an errand.

I set off Friday morning, driving myself so I could leave early and had all the necessities with me: my 6packbags cooler filled with meals for the day, my coffee for sure, water in my big bottle, and breakfast which was egg whites and rice cakes. I only had two rice cakes and saved the last one for later that day. Since Friday was my low carb day before my photo shoot, I changed my breakfast to fit instead of having my normal overnight oats. Sad face I know! :(


It really is about preparing for any situation that is the key to success in living a healthy lifestyle; even though I wasn't going to be at work all day, I still packed enough so I could eat on the run. I'm not afraid to whip out the fork and Tupperware at a red light. It definitely happened after I left that day. Hey a girl's gotta eat! And I was on a strict schedule last week more than ever!


So I'll be really honest here and I'm not proud of it lol; but after a kinda pathetic mental breakdown/cranky low carb Rachel trying to do her OWN extensions and hair for friday night's event...we finally made it there at around 8pm. I don't know where this wild hair came from that I thought I could learn AND do my own hair for that night...haha. But I thought I could! Man I tried! But the good news is...after a little practice and a new smaller curling iron, I think eventually I'll be able to do it myself woohoo! But I ended up showering and just doing the simple, straight, normal "Rachel-hair-do" and I should've went with that to begin with haha. I digress.

 

We still had a lot of fun! It was so nice getting all dressed up and hanging out with friends that night. 


 I think it's pretty funny...one of our friends who hasn't seen me
dressed up a lot, thought I was a mannequin! LOL

I think that's a compliment? ;)

And they had something pretty cool set up there...A Selfie Station! Umm heck yeah! lol. Who doesn't like goofing off and taking crazy pictures to remember! Duh!
And this left picture - I figured he wrote some #funnyguy saying on it ;) Has to pull the blonde card I tell you. It's ok I still love him for it! It was a lot of fun! In the first picture we attempted, just my saying was on a card; I laughed so hard that the picture didn't get taken in time before I was doubled over laughing at how funny I thought it was. I just can't keep a surprise or surprise him to save my life. LOL


I'm telling you...always the funny guy ;) Gotta love him! And can we please talk about that delt in the top middle picture?! What?! Freakin awesome I tell you!

Overall we had a great night dancing and laughing and just enjoying each others company. I am SO glad we decided to go especially because this time next month they'll be on the way or already deployed! But let's skip that for now shall we?


Now ladies tell me again, how weight lifting makes you bulky...Here is a prime example of why you SHOULD lift weights. I am NOT complaining about these gains ;) Dang sucky bathroom lighting. Ladies you want your booty to look good in a bikini? Better get to lifting! 

And OK, #realtalk,  I had a glass of wine that night 😳 lol 😱 and it was good! ...I think I told you all when I posted this (below) on my IG page the next day. I mean since I had the photo shoot Sunday was this the best idea, no not really...and if and when I am on contest prep I WILL NOT have alcohol. But I chose to have it that night and I am OK with that. It wasn't the worst thing in the world and I did it the "smart way" if there is one. So sue me ;) 
Some of you may know the reasoning behind why I shouldn't have had the drink, but for those of you scratching your heads (It's OK I never used to think about it either I promise :) )...Before the glass of wine, first I had at least a liter + of water and waited until prolly 2 hours after I ate. Because alcohol stops your metabolism temporarily from metabolizing anything but the alcohol; Your body is not able to metabolize the foods you eat beforehand as effectively. So you aren't likely to get the full nutritional benefits of your food.

Moderation and consistency are key.

 This definitely is not something I do all the time, but honestly every now and then you can let loose a little...anyways I wasn't too worried because the whole past week and a half or so that I gave myself to really 'prep' for the shoot, I took out dairy and fruits and only ate clean protein, carbs and veggies. And drank a TON of water! This was something to prepare for that was for fun, and I learned a lot through the whole process. You get what you put in, so I expected nothing less from what I did to get myself to this point. 

Nutrition is definitely first in being able to see your hard earned muscle gains. Want abs? Gotta eat right! 




So later that day, after some pre-meal-prepping (because I was out of food for the weekend), I went to the gym for an awesome final circuit before my shoot the next day, and ran a few errands. I stopped working legs a day or two prior to the shoot to give my body time to recover; normally Saturday is my second leg day but the coach said no bueno! So this week is going to be ON for leg days! 



For this one, I did 4 rounds and added 45-60s jump rope after each circuit; rested for about a minute then back up and at it again! It was killer! Try it and let me know what you think! Don't forget the jump rope!


So I definitely had to make a trip to wally-world for a few necessities and then had to come home, because guess who forgot their debit card? Yep me! Luckily I had enough cash in my wallet I didn't have to come back there. Then I went back out and to the grocery store and managed to be out and on the way back home in almost under an hour which was awesome! We had crab legs and shrimp for dinner - YUM! We love to have a seafood night every so often, especially if there are good deals going on.

And of course I waited to go tan until later that night...didn't want to mess up the spray tan so I thought- Ill just go after dinner (thinking they closed at 10 or 11) Well...Not on weekends they don't! They had closed at 9. Apparently only Monday-Thursdays they are open to 11pm. Sigh! By the time I had everything ready for the next day (Note to self: pack before the night before!) I was SO tired and honestly worried about the sleep I hadn't gotten, I went to bed. I really need to work on that....speaking of- what time is it? :#

But it ended up being just fine! I got up the next morning, packed my meals in my cooler and got my make-up done. But first...I had to take a #selfie ;) LOL

Here's a little #transformationtuesday for ya! Beginning of last week after starting the changes to the end of the week transformation. I feel like my muscles popped even more by the time I got there at 11 or so and I never feel like pictures do it justice lol. Don't know if I was "right on target" or what but I have certainly made a ton of improvements to myself and I sure did feel like the best version of myself that morning. Seeing all your hard work come together really is cool! It makes you feel proud of what you've accomplished to get to that point.


Now make-up I can definitely do. I did my own makeup or my bridal shoot, our wedding day, and definitely for this shoot. I used a Pinterest look that I liked and went to town! To me it is fun creating different looks. Can you guess the look I wanted? Hehe. 

 Then I headed out and to a friend's house for her to help with my hair. After my time trying to teach myself Friday, my sweet hubby had asked her at the Semi-formal if she could help me. (everybody ready: Awwww! lol). She did a great job! It was nice getting to hang out and catch up with her beforehand.


Then I was off! Ate my favorite Lara Bar on the way to get a nice muscle pump by the time I got there (I know but I just wasn't feeling the candy bar- crazy right?). It so funny to me because I was thinking- "Man, I can't wait to eat the candy bar!" -- but honestly, for me it's not a norm so when it came down to it, I wanted what I had cut out for a few weeks lol. The Lara Bars. If you haven't had one you are missing out! I eat one every day before my workouts. I know I probably shouldn't but oh well! May try to cut down...I did good- didn't have one today. 

And for anyone in the area, I'm telling you the girl that did my shoot-- Jessica Therese --is your girl! She does anything from couples sessions, to cake smash for your little ones, to boudoir singles, boudoir parties and boudoir couples sessions as well! She was fun and such a natural; she made me feel right at home! I HIGHLY recommend her as your next photographer...and I hear she even does weddings too ladies! And maybe a fitness shoot in my future! You WILL NOT be disappointed! Go check her out! :)


Headshot with a little contrast lighting - I think it turned out so well!
I got my sneak peaks and let me tell you...I LOVED THEM!!! She did such an amazing job I cannot wait to see the rest! So afterwards, I headed home with my tupperware container full of chicken and sweet potatoes out and eating on the ride home haha. Hey - I was HANGRY by the time we got finished. When I got home, I finished eating and was watching a movie...then I woke up. Lol- yeah I was pooped! So despite my better judgement to stay on the couch, I got up and started finishing up things we typically do on Sundays like laundry and then started meal prepping.


While I was getting the meal prepping done, Scotty cooked us steaks, and we fixed baked potatoes with the fixins  ;) (for all my Bama friends out there!) and I made me some asparagus. I can't seem to get the hubs on board with that one so I digress. It was really yummy! I love when it's time to grill! I would honestly rather grill everything and would if I could do it that way. And yes I definitely had a bite or half...haha...of the snickers. Man I'm telling on myself here! 


But, It's ok though. Because as long as you work hard, kill your workouts every day, and are mostly on point with your diet, you'll have success. I usually do at least a 90-10% ratio. 90% of the time I eat clean; like today and yesterday, I meal prepped and went right back to my normal routine so my body can start cleansing itself with clean foods, and be on the way back to normal. 1: because I like my routine and 2: because I definitely want to keep making serious gains and I know what I need to do to get there. When I get really ready for a real prep, I know that I won't be cheating myself any because I know what I want my outcome to look like. For those that know my habits now, you know these treats are not normal for me for every day. But in moderation, and whatever ratio work FOR YOU, as long as you stay dedicated and consistent...have a treat every now and then! 

(I'm starting to see a theme in this post...)


So the hubby and I wanted, well I had the bright idea, to go get frozen yogurt Sunday night. But really- I was overly stuffed; and it's never good to over-eat even if it's clean foods. I ate pretty normal that night. My body will definitely have to adjust to my normal intake again. With a little time, I'll be back in the 300g carbs (Almost!) a day club in no time! ;) Yes!!! 

We waited until yesterday night. I had taken off from the gym one more day, making it two rest days in a row. Honestly I was beat! Even at work I was tired and on the way home I almost fell asleep in the back of the carpool which is not normal for me. If it's one thing I know for sure, it's that sleep and resting are so important. And I can preach it all day long but I really need to start trying harder to practice it. It really does make a difference in your results too. I always wake up leaner and looking more refreshed when I have enough sleep the night before. So with that being said, I could write all night :) I am going to cut it short; well long haha. 


So goodnight friends! I hope you had a great beginning of the week and I will talk to you again tomorrow for HUMP Day!!!

1 comment:

  1. I meant to comment on another one of your posts about the bodoir photo shoot. Sounds so fun & I can't wait to hear the deets! Great job on the transformation.

    ReplyDelete