Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Smoothie Lovin'


Hey there friends! Hope you guys are having a good HUMP Day! I haven't gotten to do one of these in a bit so I'm jumping back on the Hump Day Blog Hop bandwagon right....now! :)


The Hump Day Blog Hop

If you guys will join me in checking out some of the awesome pages on Fitness Blondie's blog I am sure you will find some new friends to follow! And our awesome co-host this week is Mia from 'Make me up Mia'. Head on over and check out her great blog too!

Man I tell you what, I've been on vacation all this week too and I swear it does not feel like one. Haha! With trying to find a place to move Monday and all day yesterday (we literally were gone from the morning til around 5pm!), attempting to pack, and getting other things settled and going-- I have been one busy lady! I really wanted to blog more this week while being off but oh well! Life happens, and especially when we just decided to move me...umm, lasts week lol. 

Yesterday was unexpected (being gone that long) so I hadn't grabbed a whole bunch of food to eat throughout the day. I had a strawberry cheesecake Quest bar in my purse and my water. I know not prepared! So not like me...


So we stopped by a grocery store, with all of 10 minutes before viewing another apartment. I grabbed a cup full of yummy berries, a cold bottled water and a package of salt & vinegar Blue Diamond almonds (one of my Favs!). I had those things and the quest bar, since I had missed like 2 meals...Oh well! 

Life happens and one thing I have learned is to do your best and go with it. If you can't get it in and aren't prepared, then you won't get the meal in. Ya know? Fitness should be flexible so make sure you don't lock yourself into one plan with no alternatives. And if you're on a prep, then be prepared! Sounds like a topic for another blog post later on ;)

So now that I am home this week, I have had flexibility to eat outside of my normal routine. I have had pancakes for breakfast instead of my oats (I know- shocker!), and I have been on a smoothie kick. 




One recipe I came up with a while back has been one of my favorites.

It is a Strawberry/Blueberry Vanilla Smoothie

that is SO yummy! And not to mention protein packed! The great thing about it is, if I don't need a ton of protein for that particular meal or time of day, this recipe can be modified to fit. Sounds great to me!



And I always use MRM 100% Whey Protein for my smoothies from Bodybuilding.com. This one called for Vanilla of course :) But I like to have both Chocolate and Vanilla on hand. And I heard through another fitness person I follow, Mrs. Natalie Hodson, that they are in the process of developing new flavors! Yes!!! 

What you'll need:
  • 1 scoop MRM 100% Whey Rich Vanilla
  • ½ C Frozen (or fresh) blueberries (I love using the wild blueberries from Dillons)
  • ½ C frozen (or fresh) strawberries
  • 2 packets truvia
  • 2 heaping spoons of Fage Greek Yogurt (0% Pink Label) - I measured this once and it was 2 oz that I used
  • ½ C (or less) crushed ice (I do this if the fruit isn't frozen)
  • And here is the option:
    • for a protein packed smoothie, use 1 cup of egg whites (Liquid in carton/pasturized-- NOT REAL EGG WHTES from whole eggs!!!!) Believe me I have had many people asking about this :) Please do not do this lol!
    • for a 'normal protein' smoothie, use 1 cup Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk

Then I love to use my single serve blender to mix it all up! 

And the second one I love is also fruity.

This one is a Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie. 

Here ya go! Perfect for pinning to your favorite clean recipes or protein smoothies Pinterest board!


And it appears like the picture may be a bit blurry so here is the recipe:
  • 1 C Liquid egg whites in carton (OR 1 scoop MRM 100% Whey Rich Vanilla and Silk Almond milk like in the above recipe)
  • Splash Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk
  • ½ fresh or frozen Banana
  • ¾-1 C frozen (or fresh) strawberries
  • 2-3 packets truvia
  • 1 heaping spoon of Fage Greek Yogurt (0% Pink Label)
  • ½ C (or less) crushed ice (I do this if the fruit isn't frozen and for a thicker smoothie)
So try those out and let me know what you think! And be on the lookout for a new Reeses Pieces Smoothie recipe coming soon! If you just can't wait, I posted this on my facebook page a little while back :)

Since I was so unprepared the other day, I definitely packed my 6 Pack bags cooler full this morning because we had a softball tournament today for my hunny's Victory Week on post. I actually ended up running a few errands in between games though, but I did get to see him hit an awesome base hit! I mean who doesn't like watching softball, ya feel me? ;)


Before I headed back after my appointment, it was lunch time and I was hangry so I stopped at a gas station on base and heated up my meal. I got in and out before half the people in line checked out with their sodas and snacks...Not judgement here! But it sure was nice getting in and out in no time!

And even though I got back to the field and they were out of the tournament (my luck lol!) I still had a hot meal ready to eat while we ran more errands. :) Always try to be prepared y'all! Then, You will never have a reason not to see success straight ahead of you!



I hope you guys have an amazing day today! Comment below if you try the smoothies, or to tell me about your day, or whatever your little hearts desire! We are about to be off to go sign our lease for the new place!! Exciting!!! Then more packing! :D


2 comments:

  1. Moving is such a pain anyway then throw in that it messes up meal prep- yuck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It still is for me :) but I am almost finished cleaning the house! Check-out sunday! WOOHOO!!!! haha. meal prep was seriously a life saver last week though!

      Delete