Thursday, July 3, 2014

2 in a row?! Turkey & Veggie Medley with a spin!

Two recipes in less than a week?! I should keep this up right? ;) Hope you guys are having a great 'Friday'!! It's friday for me!!! Yay!!



this is so me today...lol

So last night I had just gotten home from killing my shoulders and a little abs to make em burn even more from last night and was HANGRY. I don't know what's eating me lately ;) (get it? haha), but my metabolism has been on fire ever since I got back into the gym lifting heavy again this week! 




It's a good thing though! If you're hungry that means you're body is telling you to "FEED ME!!!" and that you need to eat more because you're growing!! I mean out of us lifters, who doesn't want that? 

But even ladies who haven't found the joys of lifting heavy yet, you have to eat way more than you think, especially substantial amounts of protein, in order to stay lean! If you only eat the minimum, or sadly in most cases below the minimum to sustain your body on a normal day WITHOUT any added activity at all, then your body will begin to go into starvation mode. Then the opposite of what you want starts to happen, and your body begins to start storing what you eat as fat! This also can happen to competitors and others who go to extremes for photo shoots, etc. then try to go back to eating normally again; and it ruins your metabolism! Anyways...tangent!


So always make sure you are eating plenty of healthy foods and drinking lots of water! And if you're like me, I am always increasing what I take in to continue to gain that lean mass! 

They do say, the more muscle you have the more you will burn at rest! Consider me a lean-mean-fat-burning-machine!! :D 


had to!

So call me crazy- this is not normal for me- but this week for the life of me I am so tired of eating what I normally do. Except my sweet potatoes. Lol. So at the beginning of the week I tried a new dish and I call it a Turkey and Veggie Medley! This is super easy and can be used for a lot of things!



Here's what you need:


  • 2 lbs 99% ground turkey 
  • 1 can not salt added organic tomatoes or 1 chopped medium tomato 
  • 1 chopped green bell pepper 
  • ½ package chopped mushrooms 
  • basil, all spice, onion powder, garlic powder and sea salt and pepper to taste 
Cook the ground turkey and drain the juice if you like. Chop up all of the veggies. Add all of the ingredients to the pan. Then simmer for 10-15 mins. Wa-lah! A new recipe!




And it was great for lunches this week! But last night I thought of something...lately I have been thinking it was missing something, maybe didn't season it enough, so be generous with your seasonings! And I told you I was starving so dinner had to be something quick. I had some of this left over after I measured out 6-7 oz per serving for 5 meals when I prepped. 


I decided I wanted pasta (like while I was at the gym haha); because in my 'before life' it was a staple food group all by itself. I still could eat it every day. So I boiled some rice noodles and combined the medley and 1/4-1/2 cup no salt added tomato sauce and BAM, a new dish! 


And if you're wondering; I know you are! These taste just like regular pasta! Not mushy and the texture is pretty much exactly the same! Buy these on vitacost  (click the link to take you there!) or amazon for the cheaper prices!


I have a ton of different kinds and will probably only use this once the other I have runs out; especially while my hubby isn't here. (TIP: throw away the package and he'll never know!!! ;) )



So I added it all together, stirred it up, the topped with a bit of Parmesan cheese (after photo) and it was de-lish!!!

Try it out and let me know what you think! What are you guys planning for the 4th?

No comments:

Post a Comment