Friday, July 25, 2014

Late #WOWLinkup

Hey there! I wrote this post for you all yesterday, with the intention of posting it and it definitely did not happen. So here ya go! Happy Friday!



Thursday, July 25, 2014


So I totally missed the #wowlinkup yesterday... :( I know! With the ceremony today for our Aunt, and my sugar gliders being "sick" I believe I have had a lot on my mind this week. 


This is them barking in the morning- they love attention and let me know when they want it :)

And actually I took this video this week of them, then some pictures on Tuesday when I was giving them some "glider love" after work :) So if you have no idea what I am talking about when I say sugar gliders, these are our little fur babies! 

Their names are Gizmo and Stitch. Gizmo is my baby that is going to the vet today because she has a lump under her jaw :( Getting her in ASAP to get checked out!



Femme Fitale Fit Club

But nevertheless, I want to make this a habit so I am posting the workout I shared on my Facebook page with you all for Tuesday night's Shoulder Sesh!



So here ya go! Quick and...not so easy ;)


-Warmup: cardio of choice 10-15 mins (I did 25 this morning so I'm doing 10 light)
  1.  barbell shoulder press 1 lighter set, 3x12
  2. cable lateral raises from across body SS (superset) cable rope face pulls (video) 3x10 for both exercises
  3. dumbbell front raises 3 sets. Set 1- do 12 reps. Then sets 2 and 3, I want you to drop on each set (go down in weight) and go until it burns like crap! So to Failure! Then drop again and go to failure/until it burns. 
  4. dumbbell clean and press from video (half snatch lol!) 3x12 and make sure to get the full squats**
**So this last one, #4-- is something I kinda "made up"/changed a few lifts I saw, one day based on a few things I found when looking for workout ideas...It's a cross between a snatch and this hang clean with push press with dumbbells if you want my opinion  :) 

I like to do this a little differently though by starting with the dumbbell in a overhand grip position, between the legs (squat stance like he does) and really emphasizing my shoulder to lift the weight like a snatch.

Then, 

STRETCH IT OUT!
At least 5 good minutes of stretching!!







Top left/Bottom Left: Angled Lateral Shoulder Raises (different twist for ya!)
Top Right: Cable Face Pulls
Bottom Right: Dumbbell Clean/Squat/Press Snatch ;) 



AND if you really want a challenge, someone at the gym I go to challenged over a 5 min plank Tuesday, so I had to give it a whirl. Yep!!!--the Max Fitness trainer plank challenge!

I lasted almost 3 minutes! How long can you plank? Try it out and keep the challenge going!!! Comment below with you time!! If you try it take pics and videos and I will post them on my Facebook page!!!



Happy Friday! :)

4 comments:

  1. You must have been reading my mind - I was thinking about posting a video of a plank challenge on my channel this week. I think I will do it and tag YOU to see how long you can hold a forearm plank (straight arm seems to be easier for me). Can't wait to see the results!!! Also hope things get better and you are BEASTING in that video. What software did you use to post that in quadrants like that? #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's awesome! yeah this week I want to start planking every day and adding time to see how well I can improve it in a few weeks. I want 5 mins! lol. :) sounds great to me! Im always up for a challenge and to motivate people to do it! I've actually never done straight arm although I could imagine it may be easier. Thank you :) That's awesome of you to say that! This is instavid for my phone.

      Delete
  2. I like that video. Yeah, how did you do that? Anyway, I can probably hold it for 1 minute and 45 seconds in good form but after that..... #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This one is from instavid on my phone. Yeah it gets rough! I remember when over a min was hard. Keep at it!

      Delete