Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Turkey Taco Soup! + Blog Hoppin!

Hey there fit family! 

I am alive I promise! I know it's not like me to miss a motivation post at the beginning of the week. And I certainly had things to talk about...I was battling a head-cold type sinus crud last week, and was just downright busy since I missed work Thursday then was gone all weekend

To be completely honest I have a few topics rolling around in my head that could very well come off as "venting" and I really don't want to do that. You ever get crazy ideas or feelings in the brain, and want to express them? Like right then?? If you don't I can definitely throw some of mine your way LOL because I have plenty to go around. 

So to avoid all that nonsense (because really who has time for that right now?), I think for today I am going to stick with a recipe. Ready, Set, GO!

I made this last week and seriously ate on it all week! I cooked it overnight in the crockpot, and man did it smell good when I woke up the next morning! I am all about cooking ahead of time, and am no stranger to left-overs. When you have a schedule like mine, you learn to make things taste good in less time. Less time standing over the stove that is. The crock pot is my best-frand! 

Anyways, my sister Roxy told me about this recipe and later pointed me to the link that I definitely want to give credit to. The original recipe can be found at The Daily HIIT Blog, which is another one of my FAVs! And can certainly be made with beef instead. I changed a few minor things and may keep editing for taste, but this was one great base for a recipe! 

So without further adieu, I bring you:




It really was delish! So here is what you need:

1 package 99% lean ground turkey
1 large can stewed tomatoes
1 roma tomato (because I had it in the fridge!)
1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
1 can of corn
1 tsp minced garlic (I used dry)
1 can no salt added (organic) black beans
1 packet taco seasoning
salt/pepper to taste
1 cup water

*I also added garlic powder and onion powder
because I add this to just about everything!*


Also, you could just use fresh roma tomatoes instead of canned tomatoes :)


So after you gather all of your ingredients, throw it all in the crock pot!



Add the seasonings...




Check the fridge for other long lost ingredients you could use...Oh Look! A tomato! 


So chop that bad boy up too and toss it in there!

Then set your slow cooker on low for 6 hours or if you have a "cook until the house smells amazing and I wake up with my mouth watering!" setting. Either way will work just fine!



And if you're feeling fancy, add some fresh grated...or packaged shredded cheese ;) to give your taste buds something extra to love! and BAM! A new recipe!

I took the soup off that next morning then refrigerated, and reheated when I got home from the gym! It hit the spot!

Easy peasy, and with Fall coming up it couldn't have been more perfect...even though some nights I seriously felt like I was sweating eating soup with it so hot outside! HA!


If you try it let me know what you think!

So, before I go; what better way to come back with a bang on Wednesday than to link-up with some of my lovelies! It's time to blog hop!!!


The Hump Day Blog Hop


First, I want to join in with Liz over at Fitness Blondie and her co-host Jana @ Jana Says! Go check out these awesome ladies and tell them I sent ya! There are always some super fun ladies hopping around chatting and mingling! 




Femme Fitale Fit Club


And secondly, I want to link-up with another fav of mine, Diatta Harris at Femme Fitale Fit Club and Sheila Simmons from The Frugal Exerciser for the WOW Link-up, where all sorts of people come together to link up health and fitness posts and SO much more! They host this link-up this week with co-hostesses, Amanda at Eat Hard Work Hard and Natalie at Mean, Green, Clean Eating Teen.  Go check them all out and share in some fitness love for me!

Alrighty y'all! Time for me to do some work and then eat lunch and get some more studying done! Maybe one day I'll tell you guys what I'm studying for ;D Can you guess it??

Have an awesome HuMp DAY!!



8 comments:

  1. Wow, now that is really a lean stew. Are the Roma tomatoes from your garden? One great thing about stews, they can last a day or two and you don't have to worry about cooking. #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D that's what I said! Oh I wish!! I would love to have a garden! We moved into an apt before my hubs deployed so no such luck right now. Oh agree! I ate on this for a few days! I might make some later on and freeze half too!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks lady! It definitely was! Perfect for getting into Fall! :D

      Delete
  3. That looks so delicious!! I love tacos and make turkey tacos at least once a week. Ha! #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girlie! I know! We love taco night too! Lately I've been using shredded chicken to make "bowls" but definitely need a real taco night in my life. We went for mexican yesterday with work and it definitely hit the spot!

      Delete
  4. Yum that soup looks great and I love using the crock pot! Also, sometimes those "ranty" topics can make for really great, honest posts :) #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum! This soup will be awesome in a few months when it cools down in Texas :) Thanks for sharing #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete