Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Workout Wednesday Shoulder Smash!

Good HUMP Day morning folks!


Now I will be so honest, it didn't start out that way for me as I am just now getting into work for various reasons. Ya know, sometimes life throws you curve balls and many days those may just smack you in the face and knock you down. Today that's what happened. 

But you know what it so great about that? It doesn't have to stay like that. 



Each day can be exactly what you want it to be, no matter how ugly it starts out or what happens throughout the day. It isn't always easy; I know I sat in the car and cried this morning. (It's ok though, because sometimes it happens) But NO matter what happens to you or around you, you can find beauty to lift your spirits and put you right back on the path you need to be on. And you never know, maybe that thing that was so horrible at the time, maybe is a hidden blessing that you just don't know the purpose for yet. Think about it. So there's your #Rachelthoughtoftheday :D

Now, I want to link up with some favorites of mine, and give you a great workout that I have done twice now after last night. I modified a workout I found from Brittni Shae (@bshaefit on instagram), cutting it down a bit for time restraints and difficulty level for now. One day I will be able to do her full workout and I will master it and her level of fitness, but for now little me has to adjust. Like I always say, we all start somewhere. 



But there are two moves in here that I swapped out last night, compared to the last time I did it. So I want to give you the two different workouts that you can make this into. And really with all of her exercise sets, you can make it into however many workouts you choose, depending on your difficulty level/level of fitness at any given point. 

So here ya go! You guys have to tell me how you like this format :D



And here is the workout from last night for you to access on the go! You can see how it is structured, meaning how the sets are supposed to flow, from the rest times. 



For example, set 1: perform the shoulder press (1 warm-up set of 15 first!) for 12 reps then immediately perform the jumping jacks for 20 reps, then rest for 30s. Then repeat 2 more times. 

The app I am using here is Fitness Buddy and you can read all about it here


I was able to perform a warm-up on the stairs for 10 mins, the whole workout, and a good 5 minutes worth of stretching in that time. I also did not stop my watch at all from the time I started so this includes transition times.

 I tried out the West side gym again that is close to my house and boy was it nice getting home and being able to cook dinner, relax, do my routine, and get in bed before 1130! Yeah, that has been my typical night :/ Not anymore!

And Ladies out there wondering, "Am I going to look like this all the time?" The answer is no. The muscle you build will not only speed up your metabolism allowing you to burn more fat without lifting a finger, but it will also give you the broad shoulders, sexy back and body, with curves in all the right places. Trust me. Coming from a skinny minnie all her life...you want the muscles baby!



And a little good bathroom lighting never hurt anyone right?!


Hope everyone has a fantastic day! Try out the workouts, makes sure to go thank Brittni Shae for the awesome routines, and let me know what you think!


And don't forget to head over to the #wowlinkup to check out all the great Workout Wednesday posts from our fabulous ladies and maybe gents! Especially our highlighted fitness blogger for the week, Janelle of Run With No Regrets!



Femme Fitale Fit Club

16 comments:

  1. Looks like a great shoulder workout. I am pinning this for future reference. This week I am doing cardio and yoga on non cardio days. I alternate weights in a lot, too and plan to try this. I found your blog through the WOW link up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Pin away! Sounds great! I want to get back into my yoga game again. Let me know how it goes! (or went... :) ) Glad you stopped by! I'll cruise by your blog again soon too!

      Delete
  2. This shoulder workout looks great! I will be pinning it for later - I am trying to tone my arms up a bit so this is perfect #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome thank you so much! It will do wonders!

      Delete
  3. Wow your arms look AMAZING! I definitely need to get on your level! Thanks for sharing :) #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sweet girl! Lol, it's been a long time in the making! You're so welcome! Thanks for checking it out!

      Delete
  4. Nice bottoms in the gym selfie and I am always looking for ways to build my shoulders because my bra straps are always falling down. :-/ Plus I think strong shoulders look good on women! #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I got those at walmart of all places! Me too! I was never broad and now I think im addicted to building them lol! ;) Me too!

      Delete
  5. Great shoulder workout! I'll have to pin to save for later! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do that and let me know how you like it!

      Delete
  6. Great arms and I love the GL shirt! Pinning the workout :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! :D Yeah it got too small for the hubby so score one for me! hehe!

      Delete
  7. I'm pinning your shoulder work for tomorrow's workout. I love shoulder work. #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! How was it? Definitely let me know!

      Delete
  8. You have some serious guns! Great workout. But honestly I don't have enough focus to get through all that, which is why I won't have your guns, lol. Tough stuff, thanks for sharing! #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks lady! Oh I imagine most normal people dont lol! ;) Since you said that, and after talking with my sister the other day, I do plan to do some more simple and quick workouts for later too! So keep an eye out for some easier, less attention demanding routines coming your way! :D Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete