Friday, October 10, 2014

Flat Out Pizza Friday!

Whoa man! Where has this day gone?! Those are my exact thoughts right now. Being out sick yesterday sure does make for a busy Friday workday! And I really do still have ump-teen-million draft blog posts to finish for you guys! I guess in between studying this weekend, appointments, and the usual sha-bang I can try to get at least one ready!


I swear the more effort I put in the longer they take, but in the long run it is worth it to me, for you, to have the very best videos, pictures, tutorials, or whatever it may be. I don't half-'butt' anything! ;)

But the good news is, here in just one short hour I can say...


And head to the gym! Wahoooooo! Anyone else on this 8-5 work grind feel me?

So you may also be scrolling way past all this already to see this yummy goodness that is about to be a super easy recipe for you to make possibly tonight or one lazy day this weekend! 

I know it was my go-to the other night! It was one of those late nights after the gym, look in the fridge going "man I really don't want to cook!" kinda moments. But you know what, sometimes those make for the best recipes! Or well....sort-of recipes! I hate even calling it one because it is SO easy to make!



So like I said it is super easy and you can probably use what you have left over in the fridge! And despite the pictures, I made 1 pizza! And depending on your carb amounts (low v high) you can use 1-2 wraps!

Here is what I used:

- 2 Flat Out Italian wraps
- 5-6 oz lean ground turkey (already browned)
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce 
(use more if you like heavy sauce.)
- chopped mushrooms ( I would guess 1/4-1/2 pckg)
-chopped tomato would have been great! 
- shredded mozzarella for top
- I will use cottage cheese next time!

And I actually had these regular wraps, but they do make 'light' also. I found the light ones at walmart this past weekend!


First, I sprayed a cookie sheet with coconut oil, put the wraps on the pan, and warmed them up for 5 mins on 350.

Then layer up all of your ingredients however you like! I do the sauce, the cottage cheese (I was so hungry I forgot last time lol!), meat, then veggies, then usually turkey pepperoni (they were bad :( ). You definitely want to wait to add the cheese!

After you are all layered up, pop that sucker in the oven on broil for 5-7 minutes depending on what you put on it and how fast your oven gets hot. Example: our gas stove heated up a lot quicker and would burn things faster than our electric oven now. Sad day! I miss that gas stove! Anyways. 

After you think it is warmed up and the edges are crispy (don't cook it too long now!), then add the cheese and broil for another 3-5 minutes max! Watch it this time and use your timer, because I am the worlds worst at almost burning things haha. But this time it came out perfect! Just WATCH the timer! Hehe. 

**NOTE: If you use only one flat out wrap, you will probably not want to cook it as long!**


Then wa-la! Cleaner and healthy Pizza for one! Haha, yes I ate this entire thing! Looks big doesn't it? Nah! Those wraps aren't huge but this angle makes it look that way though! Ok...we are stopping there :o LOL


Try it out, let me know what you think!

Hope you guys have a great weekend and I will talk to you soon!! Lots of great stuff coming!!

No comments:

Post a Comment