Monday, November 10, 2014

Chili so good, you'll wanna slap yo mamma!

Hey guys and gals!

 So this week, I plan to get back to normal blogging! Sorry about the lack of posts lately! Hopefully, like I said last time, I will have great news coming for you very very soon! Plus I have found somewhat of a rhythm studying too on the weekends, but that's no excuse for not getting at least one blog post up a week right?



I mean the list of drafts is SO much longer than this lol. Oops! What can I say, I have a lot to say but not a lot of time!

Anyways, today I do want to finally bring you that recipe I told you about a while ago because man it is going to come in handy for the forecasted weather this weekend! They are predicting snow for us. Ugh! This gal is not a fan of the snow!

Hope you like it! And the name cracked me up but it seriously is my mom's recipe, thus the name ;)  And boy did it turn out good! I ate it for a week and froze the rest! Score in my book for things I don't have to cook later!


Yo mammas Chili



Here is what you need:

-Two cans organic chili beans 
-1 can organic kidney beans 
-1 can organic black beans
-2 lbs ground turkey

I found this gem at the store the day I was making this!

 -1 package chili seasoning
-Garlic powder to season meat 
(season to your taste! I always use a lot of garlic. Yum! ;) )
-1-2 tbsp Onion powder or 1/2 chopped white onion
1 tbsp Worcestershire 
-Dab of ketchup 
-a dash of hot sauce
-1 can organic no salt added tomatoes 
-1 can no salt tomato paste
-1 cup water to thin it down 

-Season and brown turkey until no longer pink
-Then combine all ingredients in a large pot. You can always throw in a bell pepper or other veggies if you like!
-Cook until boiling then reduce heat and simmer for thirty minutes to hour covered. Stirring throughout so you don't burn the bottom! (<-- Trust me! It will burn...)


Then after it's all done, you can top with cheese, chives, more onion, etc! Whatever sounds good to you! 



I love shredded cheddar and sometimes saltine crackers crumbled on top, but I had no crackers so cheese was good!


Then one night (Friday a few weeks ago) I was "given permission" (LOL) to 'carb-load' before the amazing leg day I posted here, so I got creative. Haha!  

And believe me I wished I'd eaten more the day and night before! 



Just kidding...but grilled cheese used to be a staple in my 'diet' because I seriously couldn't cook. Not well anyways. So easy things like grilled cheese and pasta were almost every-day meals! It's a wonder I didn't weigh a ton...literally.

For this one I found a triangle of Bruschetta Jack with sundried tomato (and more) in it and I was sold! And the bread pictured is so macro friendly, I have actually been eating it regularly! Bread, like anything, is not bad in moderation. And this bread seems to really agree with me which is a plus! 


That night I used the sandwich to dip into my chili and holy cow it was good! Who doesn't like a sandwich-sized-cheese-filled 'chip' to use for dipping??? Mmmmm. Now I'm hungry. Looks like it's time for lunch anyways!


Before I go I will leave you with a short but simple and powerful thought for today from earlier...You know...there will always be that one person who has something to say, either about your life or maybe clothes you're wearing that day, no matter what you do. For me, that day was today and this time it was my heels and the height. Yes they are high-er than what all of the older people in my office wear. I think they compliment my outfit, and plus I am not dressing to please anyone else but me. I am dressing for success and so that I will be taken how I choose. If I choose to wear a suit or a dress, then I'm wearing what I choose! I choose to dress professionally, sometimes with a kick of style like today; and you know the truth...if it had been anyone else, they might not have gotten the same comment. Anyways, that's a bit of a rant so thanks for listening; but the last comment from this same person (or string of for that matter) have been about how I eat. One being a continuous push for me to eat icecream (weeks after said icecream was brought into my office). People don't understand your grind...that's ok. It's not theirs to understand. 

Make like a leaf and let it blow away!



And no matter what happens, keep on dressing up, showing up and don't you even think about giving up! Look good, Feel good!


Hope you all have a fantastic day!


No comments:

Post a Comment