Monday, February 2, 2015

Brown Rice & Quinoa Taco Bowl!

Hey there! I hope you had an awesome day!

This bowl of awesomeness is what happened for dinner one night when I was feeling creative!  It was so yummy too! 

I altered a recipe I found and added a few things like taco seasoning and bell pepper and sirracha! 

It was really delicious and I have to share it with you guys! I am all about easy recipes and this one took the cake for an easy recipe! 

And I do want to say I added double turkey for my meal prep, so keep in mind you don't have to have 2 lbs. One pound would be good for a normal dinner night!



Here is how to make it:

Ingredients

1 can no salt added tomatoes
1 can no salt added corn
1 can organic black beans
½ green bell pepper
2 tsp taco seasoning (Ms. Dash is no salt!)
½ tsp minced garlic
¼ tsp + garlic salt (you know I love garlic!)
½ tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
2 tbsp lime juice
2 lbs 99% lean ground turkey
a dash of sirracha

  1. Brown the turkey until all pink is gone, then drain the meat
  2. Add all ingredients except package of quinoa/brown rice and broth
  3. Stir everything in a skillet for a few minutes
  4. Add in the brown rice & quinoa mix and broth
  5. Simmer for 5-7 minutes, but not to over cook the grains (It's already pre-cooked a bit)
Remove form heat and enjoy!



And this is definitely enough for me for a week worth of meals. I measured out 1 cup portions for my meals. 

Macros:

43.6 P | 39.1 C | 3.6 F

No comments:

Post a Comment