Friday, May 1, 2015

New Favorite and PERFECT pancake Recipe!


Hi everyone!



How is today going? Honestly after the competition and everything leading up to it (don't worry next blog post!) I am liking the 'normal' routine and life again. It feels...a lot less stressful and at the same time I feel so much more 'experienced' in that area than before the competition. But I am putting together a blog post (at the moment) with all of the fun pictures we took, crazy stuff, and just happenings from last weekend. 

Making blogging a priority is going to be a work in progress for me and no better time than just to start doing it rather than talking about it. Living in the 'now' more than ever!

So first and foremost, I wanted to share one of my favorite breakfast or anytime meals that I came up with before the competition. I had to cut out dairy as part of my prep diet when show time came close, and I'll be darned if I wasn't going to find a way to eat my waffles and pancakes. HA! And I'll be so honest, this might be my new favorite recipe for those. 

So any of you out there that do not take part in eating dairy, this is the breakfast recipe for you! I may not for pancakes after having these almost every day. 

And I'll let you in on a secret...this week I have added all of the ingredients into my single serve Ninja blender cup, put the lid on, and put it in the fridge the night before. So the next morning, whip it out, blend it up and pour it into the pan! WOW - mindblown. LOL.



Ingredients

½ C Oatmeal (or oat flour - see below)
½ C Unsweetened Applesauce
4 egg whites or ¾ C Egg whites in Carton
1 tsp Vanilla
½ tsp Baking powder
1 tsp coconut sugar or 1 packet Truvia
1/4 - 1/2 C fresh blueberries

Blend everything - except the blueberries - together in your single serving blender like I used, or regular blender will work just fine. I always spray my waffles maker and pancake pan with coconut spray oil first. Then I poured in almost enough to fill each circle in the perfect pancake pan, added a few blueberries to each one, and wah-lah! Perfect, and husband approved pancakes!!!

Yes my husband actually liked these! So this is definitely a win for me because he isn't crazy about a lot of 'substituted' ingredient recipes. It is a work in progress and he is pick-ier so I was super excited to hear that he liked these. He said they tasted like and has the texture of real pancakes. I thought the previous one did- but this like I said is a WIN!

What are your go-to breakfast recipes?? Share below! I love trying new ones! 

This is a great pancake recipe article too! Makes you want to try em all! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment