Monday, August 10, 2015

Weekend recap + For the love of Lobster!

How's it going?? Hope everyone had a great Monday! 

After this weekend I would love to have had a few more days. It was just nice to relax after a not-super stressful week and just enjoy doing things with the hubs. 



Like Friday we went to eat Mexican. I had a simple taco salad fajita style, sans shell and taking the clump of cheese off too. Guac on the side and some chips and salsa! Always a good choice - meat, veggies, and chips if you love them like me lol. Then we went back home and just watched TV and I am pretty sure I studied some :)

Then Saturday I met a girlfriend at the gym for a truly awesome workout. My workouts lately with her have been though. I'll tell you having a workout partner can really make your workout great! 


Both of us were sleepy, kinda grouchy and even made coffee to drink on the way over! I never do that before my preworktout! I even went up in weight some and we just goof off and have a good time in the gym but still get a ton of ish done! Love it always. If you ever find a good workout buddy, don't miss out on the opportunity to have workouts with them. 

We had so much fun that I was about to do 2 things for cardio! WoW. Yeah, but in my bliss of an awesome workout I completely forgot about my other great gal friend waiting for me at the nail salon! Oops! 


But I made it just in time. I am IN LOVE with this color by the way! Plus it makes me look super tan which I am not lol. 

Then me and the hubs went to a local place my gal friend told me about that was supposed to have some awesome pasta salad...So I planned to have this as my carbs.


And it was pretty awesome. I had a plain chicken breast with mushrooms on top, the the green beans (which were a little greasy :/ ) then the pasta which was good.  

And I definitely attempted to take a good pic of my makeup which just didn't turn out... I used a taupe shimmer with brown in the crease and a cream shimmer on top; then aqua blue liner underneath and it just wouldn't photograph. 


And I had to take a selfie - bathroom lighting was too good! ;) 

But Facebook photos are definitely not...


After dinner, we went to see The Gift movie, which wasn't bad at all. It was a good suspense movie; but the ending could have used some work. It was pretty messed up which was expected but also was not scary like I heard one person mention. Looking for a good suspense? This is your movie. 

And Sunday we really didn't want the day to end. We ate breakfast then went to the range to go shooting. I'm actually not a bad shot but still need to work on getting more comfortable pulling the trigger. 

mine are all but the two on the side of the head! :)

Hand-guns are just not my comfort zone, but I'm getting better especially thanks to my hubby for being super patient and teaching me. 



Then we cooked (meal prepped for me) and made seafood and veggies for dinner. So I want to finally share the super easy lobster recipe that my hubby makes SO well! So I am pulling from him to help with this. 

For the Love of Lobster


You'll need:

2 Lobster tails
¼ cup Lemon Juice
2-3 tbsp Olive oil
 ½ tsp White pepper
1 tsp Paprika
 ½ tsp Lower-sodium salt
a dish to marinate


You'll need to pull the lobster out of the tails - but keep the tails. Then in your dish, combine all ingredients in the dish and whisk together. Then place the lobster tails in the marinade (cover in it) and let soak (in fridge) for 15-20 minutes. Then place the lobsters back in their tails. On the grill, heat to 350 and cook lobsters for 15 minutes of so or until a white in color (hubs says golden looking). And the come out AH-mazing!!!! Seriously go buy lobster this weekend and try it. Ours are usually between 5.99/7.99 a piece which is pretty good for sale!

Then I also want to share my easy roasted veggies method for a combination quick and easy healthy dinner! 

Easy Veggies!

You'll need: 

The veggies you have in the fridge ;)
I used: 

1 ½ Zucchini squash
1 yellow squash
broccoli chopped
mushrooms if you have them (mine were bad :( )

Then to season:

Olive oil
Garlic (mine was a mix)
season salt/low sodium salt
garlic/Onion and Herbs Ms. Dash if you want (they make both)

I used what you see plus a little season salt. 


Place chopped veggies in the bag, 1 tbsp olive oil, the shake seasonings in the bag! I don't measure...

Preheat your oven to 350 thenplace veggies on foil sheet for easy clean-up, on a baking sheet. Place in over for 15 minutes and check after. Any longer, they get mushy and I don't like mushy veggies :)


Then you have an easy and super yummy dinner for two! And we also made shrimp that I'll be sharing the recipe for later too! basically a white wine and spices sauce that is SO good too! Can you tell we love seafood?? 

Also, another thing I've been loving...



Yes Arctic Zero Ice Cream!!!! YAS! Very low fat, lighter tastes but still has the satisfaction of ice cream and still lets you have abs too! I haven't tried the PB Chocolate yet but I am super excited to! Key lime is by far one of my favorites if not the favorite! Which ones do you love??? I am on the hunt for cookie dough chip! 

Hope you guys have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment